Monday, August 10, 2009

Michelina's Lean Gourmet Shrimp Scampi



Calories: 290
WW Points: 6

Their description: Angel hair pasta in a light, white wine sauce with tender shrimp, crisp carrots and juicy tomatoes. Rich, fresh and delicious.

At first glance: The sauce is yellow. Smells good, though. Don't see the tomatoes.

Upon closer inspection: I didn't know angel hair looked like a nappy-ass clown wig. It's spaghetti at best; don't kid yourself, Michelina. My husband gave me a spoon to eat this with when he pulled it out of the microwave. At first I was like, "A spoon? C'mon, it's pasta." But apparently I've been transported back in time, either that or Michelina likes to believe everyone's five years old and needs their pasta cut up into little 1-inch strands. Thanks. Thanks a bunch. There isn't much shrimp, but what do you expect for a dollar? I see the carrots. Still no tomatoes.

Taste: Not bad. The pasta is horrible soggy to the point that it's almost inedible. Luckily (or not), I was too hungry to care. There are seven tiny salad-size shrimp, which isn't too bad after all. The sauce is more salty than anything else, but I still detect a nice buttery, garlicky-ness. I'd eat it, again. It's just not a fave. Of course, for a dollar, you can't do much better.

Overall rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. Nappy ass clown wig... omg... I almost just spit water on the computer.

    ReplyDelete