Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lean Cuisine Roasted Honey Chicken




Calories: 280
WW Points: 5

Their description: Roasted chicken in a sweet honey sauce with snap peas, yellow beans and whole wheat pilaf.

At first glance: The chicken looks like chicken. The sauce is orange. I bet brown rice would be better.

Upon closer inspection: That's the flattest orzo I've ever seen. There are five good-sized pieces of chicken. What's with all the beans? Are those onions or mushrooms mixed in with everything? My toddler wants all the carrots. Wait, are those lentils? What the heck?

Taste: I'm not a fan of whole wheat pasta, and now I'm really not a fan of whole wheat pasta. I was right; brown rice would have been way better. I'm guessing the lentils were for added fiber, and I love lentils, but not in this. I also like beans, but again, not in this. The chicken was good, as were the carrots (at least, the ones my kid let me have) and the snap peas. Oh, and those little things mixed in were indeed onions. The sauce was sweet and slightly spicy. But I guess the pasta and lentils did their job; I'm pretty full, amazingly enough. I just don't see how they can call this "Spa Cuisine." Give me a break.

Overall rating: 6 -- it has promise; with brown rice I probably would have given it an 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment