Monday, March 15, 2010

Healthy Choice Portabella Spinach Parmesan

It's not that I haven't been eating microwavable meals; it's that I'm a lazy-ass who hasn't blogged about them. Some have been good; others, well...



Calories: 270
WW Points: 5

Their description: Wholesome whole-grain penne pasta with baby portabella mushrooms and iron-rich spinach delivers 15% of your daily vitamin A.

At first glance: I've been saving this, partly because I wasn't craving it, and partly because I knew it was going to be crap. My husband bought me this one. Hey, aren't baby portabella mushrooms just button mushrooms?

Upon closer inspection: It can't taste as bad as it looks, right? Right.....?

Taste: This may just be the nastiest thing I've ever put in my mouth, and that's quite the feat, let me tell you. I like mushrooms just fine, and spinach too, for that matter, but this is just revolting. There's this almost bitter taste in the background, coupled with something I sure hope is lemon juice (just checked the ingredients list -- it is -- thank goodness). I don't taste cheese. The specks of red pepper don't save this one. I had a few bites too many in an effort to try to find something redeeming about this meal, and all I came up with is a sour stomach. I guess they can definitely tout this as "diet food," as I certainly didn't want to eat anything for a long time after consuming this piece of crap.

Overall rating: 0. I really wanted to give it a 1, but even the pasta was soggy. Blegh, Healthy Choice. Blegh.

No comments:

Post a Comment